KISHU BINCHOTAN is made from pure white charcoal from hard Japanese Holm oak, and enables you to turn ordinary tap water into your daily supply of filtered, fresh and tasty mineral water. By adding a piece of Kishu Binchotan in your bottle, you create a natural purifying and enriching process similar to that of spring water travelling through layers of rock and soil from its underground source to the surface of the earth. Moving through trillions of micro cavities inside the White Charcoal, your tap water is naturally softened, ionized and freed of up to 75% of added chlorine, while being enriched with vital minerals such as potassium and magnesium.
• Absorbs chlorine from tap water (by up to 75%), softening it and improving its taste, while also adding minerals, such as potassium & magnesium.
• Made with white charcoal powder, which is the highest grade of charcoal available.
• Organically produced & handmade in Japan, packaged in Denmark
(Length: approx. 18 cm, Diameter: approx. 2.5 cm)
• White Charcoal contains more than 90 percent pure carbon and has a powerful ability to absorb due to its extremely porous surface. It is at the heart of centuries old Asian traditions surrounding well-being and purification.
• After 1-3 months of daily use (or when the binchotan develops a dull, greyish, surface), your Kishu Binchotan will no longer be active. Once you've finished using it, nature will gladly take it back. An excellent fertilizer, just crush it up and mix with potting soil where it will add nourishment and regulate the pH balance - so your plants can thrive and flourish and do an even better job of absorbing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere around this planet that we love so much.
• White Charcoal is made from wood, but differs from regular charcoal in just about every other way. To produce the white charcoal used, the highest quality branches are individually selected from slow growing, hard wood trees in the mountain forests of Japan and Korea. These forests are maintained by craftsmen who harvest from them in such a way that new branches are encouraged to grow. These new branches absorb higher levels of CO2 than their predecessors, giving greater benefit to the surrounding environment and providing a plentiful harvest for the craftsmen. The natural minerals that the trees absorb as they grow are captured inside the White Charcoal, imparting it with its purifying/detoxifying effects.
Sort Of Coal products have an efficient, waste-free lifecycle. Cross-cutting the wood to make White Charcoal is done in a thoughtful way such that the forests are restored rather than destroyed. And when you need to dispose of it, White Charcoal can be used as an excellent fertilizer.
Rinse your KISHU BINCHOTAN under cold, running water. Sterilize and remove any possible ash residues by boiling it for five minutes. Remove from heat, drain the water and let it dry and cool in the pan. Fill your glass bottle with cold tap water and carefully slide the BINCHOTAN inside, holding the bottle almost horizontally to avoid breaking the BINCHOTAN. Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving your purified, enriched and delicious water.
Refill the bottle with cold tap water whenever you like, and leave for at least two hours, preferably overnight, to efficiently purify and enrich your water. The glass bottle is dishwasher proof. When not in use, you can dry and store the BINCHOTAN in a container or plastic bag. We recommend that you boil your BINCHOTAN for one minute once a week, to keep it fresh and fully active.
After 1-3 months of daily use, your KISHU BINCHOTAN will no longer be active. Once you've finished using it, nature will gladly take it back. An excellent fertilizer, just crush it up and mix with potting soil where it will add nourishment and regulate the pH balance - so your plants can thrive and flourish and do an even better job of absorbing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere around this planet that we love so much.